Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Simple!

You are the you that you already are. Simple and natural being-awareness.

So maybe you can help me with a problem I am having? I am angry a lot and I have a lot of guilt about it. I realize that guilt and anger are only an illusion, but still I am having trouble.

Don't look at your thoughts or feelings. Look to the simple fact of your own being-awareness. Before you can feel angry that light of your own natural being is already on. And nothing obscures this. This light is the you that you already are. See that you are never the anger and never the guilt; these only arise sometimes and pass away. They have nothing to do with you.

So you are saying that I am identifying with thoughts and that that is not who I am?

Yes. Seemingly you are entangling with thoughts. Only if you look right now you see that thoughts are mere arisings in the being-awareness. That simple awareness is you. Everything that you can experience happens in it. It has to be first before anything else can be. So everything depends on this being-awareness.

Eckhart Tolle says that one should simply watch what is happening without trying to change anything.

This is a simple practice that you may find helpful--to simply witness what is coming up. The pure awareness that you are is the space within which anything that arises appears and then passes on. Nothing but the awareness is permanent.

So all I have to do is remember to do that.

You are not doing anything. It's more simple than that. The light of your being is always on.

No comments: